Monday 2 September 2013

OCL4Ed - Ready, set..

I've signed up for the OCL4Ed (Open Content Licensing for Educators) Open Online Course, which runs from 4 - 18 September 2013.

Our pre-course activities include declaring ourselves to the other course members via blog and microblog posts. I've set up this blog specifically for this course.

I'm a librarian at a tertiary institution with responsibility for supporting students and academics in our College of Business, both by making sure that relevant materials are available to them and by teaching information literacy skills.

I'm interested in finding out about open content licensing in a teaching context, partly so that I can discuss information sources and potential uses knowledgeably with other teaching staff, and to expand on and make appropriate and creative use of sources in my own teaching.




First exercise: choose which blog service provider to use. I must confess that after reading through the various advice provided by the course, I just chose the one that most other people seemed to be using! It was straightforward enough, and although the templates are limited, I found one that I liked. If anyone has thoughts on Wordpress I'd be interested to know.





No comments:

Post a Comment